Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor of love....

that's how I describe my time here some days. It's one of those mornings that Judi and I need to keep each other laughing, or we will drive ourselves nuts. My friends the buffalonians (and Uncle Mahoney) have made their quarterly pilgrimage across I90 for a weekend visit. This always results in my mornings moving just a bit slower than usual. Oy! But not too worry....
it's business as usual this morning. The weather forecast had us wondering how many people would show today? But 14 of the 5-5-5 headed out and are starting to turn.
"Is it going to rain Deb?" is the question of the day. "oh no.....it's not going to rain"
It looks like were going to get a smorgasbord of weather this weekend....92 yesterday, 80's and rain today, and 60's on Monday?! What's up with that?! What a year!!
Only a few more event's left on the schedule for this year.....Yikes! Where did the time go?
Jeff's starting his annual chase the leaves with the Steiner dance, Jake's worn out from chasing the geese that came back?! (where do they come from?) and I'm trimming plants back getting them ready for a winter rest. All of these, along with it being Labor Day weekend, are a sure sign of Autumn to come. Lets hope it's a long one.
We have a few drops of rain outside the window now.....soon the golfers will be coming in and.....
"Deb...you said it wasn't going to rain?!!" Oops!
Time for me to look busy and avoid the wrath.
Hope you all have a great Holiday weekend.
Try to squeeze in some golf between your cookouts and gatherings.
See ya soon.




No comments: